Sunday, September 10, 2023

Be Reconciled

The Bible teaches us that human beings are alienated from God and hostile toward Him. The gospel is in Jesus Christ who is God making His dwelling place with man, reconciling sinners to God through the blood of His cross. We could not reconcile ourselves to God, but in Jesus Christ free grace receives reconciliation.

Genesis 1:27 – “God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”

Genesis 3:9-10 - “The Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.”

Exodus 25:8 – “They are to make a sanctuary for Me, so that I may dwell among them.”

Exodus 29:45-46 - “I will dwell among the people of Israel and will be their God. And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them. I am the Lord their God.”

Exodus 37:27 – “My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be My people.”

II Chronicles 6:17-18 - “Now therefore, O Lord, God of Israel, let your word be confirmed, which you have spoken to your servant David. But will God indeed dwell with man on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you, how much less this house that I have built!”

Isaiah 7:14 – “The Lord Himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”

John 1:1-3, 14 – “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.”

"The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.”

Colossians 1:19-20 – “In Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of His cross.”

Revelation 21:3 – “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment